Tahari recipe or Tahri is a common rice dish in India. This tahari recipe is made by rice and by adding potatoes, onions and tomatoes. Some people prefer to add meat in it but I usually like to made simple tahari. Whenever you are confused that what to make in your lunch or you are in a hurry, so make this delicious rice recipe which will surely loved by your family. Whenever you are running out from time, then make this simple and delicious rice recipe.
Necessary Ingredients Required or Tahari Recipe
- Basmati rice = 500 gm, soaked
- Onion = 1, medium size, chopped in slices
- Tomatoes = 2, medium size, finely chopped
- Green chilies = 3, finely chopped
- Garlic = 2 to 3 cloves, chopped
- Potato = 2, medium size, chopped in large pieces
- Ginger = 1 inch piece, chopped
- Cumin seeds = 1/2 tsp
- Cloves = 2
- Bay leaf = 2
- Pepper corn = 3 to 4
- Turmeric powder = 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder = 1 tsp
- Black cardamom = 1
- Salt = as per taste
- Oil = 3 tbsp
- Water = 2 cups
Method of making
Take a pan, pour oil in it and let it heat on a high flame.
Add ground spices like cumin seeds, pepper corn, cloves and bay leaf. Let them crackle for few seconds.
Now add chopped garlic and onions in oil and let it cook until onion turns into pinkish in color.
Now add chopped tomatoes and ginger in it add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and mix it well.
Cook it until oil separates from the spices. Now add chopped potatoes in it and mix it well. Cook it for 2 minutes by stirring it.
Add 2 cups of water and let it boil, then add soaked rice and give a boil in it on a high flame or until potatoes cooked 90%.
Now cover the lid and cook it on a low flame for 8 to 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, your tahari is ready.
Serve it hot with chutney or raita or salad.
- Coriander Rice recipe for Lunch Box (Instant rice recipe)
- Matar Pulao Recipe, How To Make Matar Pulao
- Mixed vegetable raita recipe
Source – vegrecipesofindia.com