Tadka Curd Rice Recipe A simple and delicious yogurt rice is the most popular recipe of South-India. Mostly in the states of India like Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. They are simply awesome and healthy. One can also eat this recipe in their diet and to make this recipe, you will not need much ingredients as it is really a quick and simple recipe but the taste is just lip smacking. Let’s know how to make it.
Necessary Ingredients Required For Tadka Curd Rice
- Rice = 1 cup
- Curd = 2 cups
- Salt= as per taste
- Oil = 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds (rai) = 2 tsp
- Urad dal (split and dehusked gram) = 2 tbsp
- Green chilies = 2, finely chopped
- Asafoetida = a pinch
- Ginger = 1 inch piece, finely chopped
- Curry leaves = 10 to 12 leaves
- Water = 3 cups or as required
Instructions For Making This Recipe
Firstly, wash and rinse rice well.
Transfer these rice in a pan and add water in it. Let the rice cook completely. Make sure that you have to over cook rice and also add some salt in it. Cook rice till they mushy.
After cooking of rice, transfer them in a mixing bowl and let them cool completely. (As if they are not cool completely and you add curd in it, curd will start releasing water and rice will become sour).
Once they cool completely, add curd in rice and mix well so that both things gets combine evenly. Also add salt in it.
In a tadka pan, add some oil and heat it up. After heating of oil, add mustard seeds in it and let them splutter for few seconds.
Then add urad dal, curry leaves and let them splutter for a while.
Further add ginger, asafoetida, green chilies aand then turn the flame off.
Now pour this tempering to the prepared curd and rice mixture.
Finally, your delicious curd rice is now ready to serve. Serve them and enjoy.
- If your curd rice becomes too sour, then add fresh cream in it. It will not only balance it but also gives it a rich and creamy flavor.
- If you are going to pack it in lunch box, then make sure it will not be closed for too long. Or you can simply add some milk in it to keep it fresh.
- Always make this recipe just when you are about to serve it because the taste of this recipe will change faster.
Check Out Some Other Recipes