Suji Pancake This recipe of easy and healthy breakfast is really amazing and tasty. If you feel lazy in the morning to prepare breakfast and don’t want to make such a heavy breakfast, then you can surely go for this recipe. Suji uttapam or suji pancake is not only tasty but also a healthy breakfast for kids as well as adults. Most important thing is that, making it is just a cup of tea. No heavy preparation are need to be done. Just a cup of rava, yogurt and your favorite veggies. Mix all the things to make a thick batter from it and spread it on a pan. Here you are good to eat or serve. Let’s know its exact method.
Necessary Ingredients Required For Suji Pancake
- Semolina or suji or rava = 1 cup
- Fine Flour = 1/2 cup
- Curd = 1 cup
- Onion = 1, finely chopped
- Green chilies = 2, finely chopped
- Tomato = 1, finely chopped
- Green coriander = 1 tbsp, chopped
- Red chili powder = 1/4 tsp
- Salt = as per taste
- Ginger and garlic paste = 1 tsp
- Water = as needed
- Oil = 2 tbsp
Method of Making It
Take a bowl, sieve suji and flour in it and mix it well.
Now add curd, red chili powder, salt and ginger and garlic paste.
Whisk all the ingredients well and make sure the batter must be lumps free.
Add water and make a thick batter from it.
Add chopped onion, tomato, chilies and coriander. Mix all the things well.
Take a pan, grease some oil on it and heat it up.
In a pan, take a ladle full of uttapam batter and spread it in a pan in circular motion.
Add more oil around the sides of uttapam, cover it and let it cook for 1 to 2 minutes on a low flame.
After sometime, flip the uttapam and let it cook from the other side. Cook it till it turns golden.
Now make all the pancake from the remaining batter.
Your suji pancake or uttapam are ready to serve. Serve them hot with chutney or sambhar.
- If you have more veggies like capsicum, carrot and beans, then you can add it.
- You can skip yogurt if you don’t like it and add lemon juice instead of it.
- Serve it with sambhar for make it more tasty.
- Add black pepper powder for spicy taste.
- Neer Dosa Recipe – South-Indian Neer Dosa Recipe
- Besan Chilla Recipe | How to Make Besan Cheela/Chilla
Image Source: foodviva.com