Pickled Onions recipe This is an authentic Indian pickle of onion, made with white vinegar and salt. Basically the pearl onions are used for this pickle but if you don’t have pearl onions, then you can cut onions into slices and make this pickle. This pickle makes food more delicious and makes its tastes ten times better. The method of making is really easy, no need of efforts and extra ingredients. You can simply make it at home just exactly as restaurant style ones. Also this pickle does not take time to serve as it is ready to eat within 24 hours.
- I would like to suggest you that always use red pearl onions to make this sirka pyaz as i would avoid using green or white onions as they may not yield the same result as red ones.
- Also the solution of vinegar and salt can be reuse to make another batch of this pickle but you have to add more salt in it as per the quantity of your pickle.
- I am using beetroot to give the nice red color to this sirke wale pyaz, although this is optional, if you want to skip beetroot then you may skip it.
- You can easily store it in a container for about 2 months. Remember that you have to keep it in a refrigerator.
Now let’s start the recipe.
Necessary Ingredients Required For Pickled Onions
- Onion = 15 to 20, pearl onions
- Ginger = 2 inch piece, julienne cut
- Salt = 1 tbsp
- Beetroot = 1, small size chopped
- Sugar = 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick = 1 stick
- White vinegar = 1.5 cup
- Water = 1/2 cup
- Green chili = 3 to 4
- Black peppercorns = 6 to 8, crushed
Instructions For Making It
Peel off the onions and now mark x on onions without cutting them in halves.
Take a pan, add water, cinnamon stick, black pepper, beetroot and sugar.
Bring it to a boil for 5 minutes.
Now let it cool completely.
Take a jar, add onions in it also add this beetroot water, salt, ginger, chilies and vinegar.
Mix all the things well.
Now rest it for 24 hours before using it.
Finally after 24 hours, your pickled onions are ready to serve.