Methi Chicken Recipe Hey readers!! Today I am going to share the recipe of methi chicken which is relly delicious in taste and easy to cook. As I have already share a lot of variants of chicken, here I am with the another way to cook it. Those who are fond of chicken will surely try this recipe as it includes fresh green fenugreek, so it will become healthy too. So Let’s know how to make it.
Necessary Ingredients Required For Methi Chicken
- Chicken = 1 kg, with bones
- Onions = 2 large size, chopped
- Ginger and garlic paste = 1 tbsp
- Green chilies = 2, chopped
- Fresh fenugreek (methi) leaves = a bunch or 2 cups, chopped
- Cinnamon stick = 1 inch piece
- Green cardamom = 3 pods
- Black cardamom = 1 pod
- Black pepper corns = 4 to 5
- Cloves = 4 to 5
- Curd = 1 cup
- Turmeric powder = 1 tsp
- Red chili powder = 2 tsp
- Coriander powder = 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder = 1/2 tsp
- Salt = as per taste
- Lemon juice = 1 tbsp
- Oil = 1/2 cup
Instructions For Making Fenugreek Chicken
Take a pan, add oil in it and heat it up.
Add green cardamom pods, black cardamom, cloves, black pepper corns, cinnamon stick. Saute them for few seconds.
Then add chopped onions in it and saute till onions becomes translucent. Further add ginger and garlic paste and saute till the raw smell disappears.
Add green chilies and saute about a minute. Now add washed and clean chicken in it and fry till chicken turn white in color.
Now add whisked curd, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and garam masala powder. Mix all the spices well and cook it by cover it for about 25 to 30 minutes.
After sometime, add chopped fenugreek leaves in it and add water as per required consistency.
Cover the lid and cook it for 15 minutes.
Finally, add lemon juice and give it a mix.
Your methi chicken is now ready to serve. Serve it hot with naan or chapati and enjoy.
- Chicken Keema Recipe | Chicken Matar Keema Recipe
- Achari Chicken Recipe | Murgh Achari | Chicken Achari
- Afghani Chicken Recipe | Chicken Afghani With Gravy
Image Source: Whisk Affair
Recipe Source: Whisk Affair