Masala Jeera Aloo Recipe Hey guys!! Welcome back to the zayka recipes kitchen. Today I am sharing the most simplest and popular masala jeera aloo recipe. I have already shared jeera aloo recipe which is also quick and easy but today I am giving it a twist by adding some spices which comes out to be a delicious one. While you are in a mood of making puri but don’t want to make chole or other side dish with it, so make this quick and easy aloo recipe and it really gives you satisfaction as it is spicy and melt in mouth soft potatoes. So let’s know how to make it.
Necessary Ingredients Required For Masala Jeera Aloo
- Potato = 4, boiled and chopped in cubes
- Cumin seeds (jeera) = 1 tsp
- Red chili powder = 1/2 tsp
- Salt = as per taste
- Turmeric powder = 1/4 tsp
- Dry mango powder = 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder = 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder = 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Oil = 1 tbsp or as required
- Green coriander/parsley = 1 tbsp, chopped
Instructions For Making It
Firstly wash potatoes well and then add them to the pressure cooker with some water for boiling and some salt as well (adding salt while boiling potatoes add more taste to the dish).
Cover the lid and pressure cook the potatoes till they boiled well.
After boiling potatoes, peel them off and chop them into small pieces.
Now in a wok (take iron wok, this will increase the taste) add some oil and heat it up. Then add cumin seeds in it and let them splutter for a while.
Further add boiled potatoes in it and saute for a while. Then add alll the dry spices like red chili powder, salt, cumin powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder. Mix all the spices well till potatoes get coated well with spices.
Simmer the flame and cover the lid. Cook it for 2 minutes.
Finally, dish it out and garnish with some chopped coriander leaves. Your delicious masala jeera aloo are now ready to serve. Serve them hot with paratha or chapati and enjoy.
- Jeera Aloo recipe | How to make jeera aloo
- Aloo Matar Fry Recipe | Dry Aloo Matar Sabzi | Potato Peas Fry
- Kalonji Aloo Recipe | Delicious And Easy Kalonji Aloo
Recipe Source: Zayka Recipes
Image Source: Zayka Recipes