Homemade Tomato ketchup Recipe This is one of the most favorite sauce among sauces. Tomato ketchup is served with many snacks, I mean of the snacks which makes the snacks taste more good. So here I am going to share a homemade ketchup recipe which is really delicious and easy to make in just simple steps.
Here I a giving some suggestions to make this ketchup-
- Add beetroot to make the ketchup color bright red.
- Ginger garlic and onion are totally optional, but this make ketchup taste more delicious.
- Dry red chilies are added to make this little bit spicy.
- You can easily adjust the sweetness of sauce by adding less or more sugar.
- Vinegar is used for preservation as well as for a sour taste.
- Store this sauce in an airtight container for a month or more by keeping it in refrigerator.
So let’s know how to make it.
Ingredients Required For Homemade Tomato Ketchup
- Tomatoes = 1 kg
- Beetroot = two slices (for bright color)
- Garlic = 3 cloves
- Ginger = 1 inch piece
- Sugar = 1/2 cup
- Vinegar = 1/4 cup
- Dry red chilies = 2
- Salt = a pinch
Instructions For Making It
Firstly, rinse and wash tomatoes well and then chop them roughly.
Take a pan, add chopped tomatoes in it and then add beetroot, ginger and garlic (totally optional) in it.
Then add sugar, salt, vinegar and dry red chilies. Give it a nice stir and then put it on a flame.
Cover the lid and now cook it on a medium flame till tomatoes gets mushy.
Cook it well and then keep aside for cooling.
Transfer them to a blender jar and now blend them to a smooth puree.
Now sieve it with the help of strainer and then pour this to a container.
Finally, your delicious homemade tomato ketchup is now done. Serve it with snacks and enjoy.
- Chili Garlic Sauce Recipe | Homemade Chili Garlic Sauce
- Eggless Mayonnaise Recipe | Homemade Veg Mayonnaise Recipe
- Homemade Strawberry Jam Recipe | Strawberry Jam Recipe
Image Source: The Petite Cook