Dahi Chana Chaat This seems to be a perfect snack for evening. Chana chaat is really a delicious, healthy and lip smacking recipe. You can easily make it and also can serve it as a starter. Although this does not need much efforts in making and the way it looks and tastes make you more hungry. Boiled chana (chickpeas) and boiled potatoes are added with chopped onion, tomatoes and coriander, and then adding curd and tamarind chutney makes it delicious. Whether you are hungry or not, but this recipe for sure makes you craving for this. You can also read this recipe in hindi chana chaat
Necessary Ingredients Required For Dahi Chana Chaat
- Chickpea = 4 cups, boiled
- Potato = 2, medium sized, boiled and chopped in cubes
- Onion = 1, medium size, chopped
- Tomato = 1, chopped
- Green coriander leaves = 2 tbsp, chopped
- Chaat masala = 1 tsp
- Red chili powder = 1/2 tsp
- Salt = 1 tsp or as per taste
- Fresh yogurt = 500 gm, whisked
- Papdi = as needed
- Mix sev = as required
- Tamarind chutney = as required
Instructions For Making It
Take a mixing bowl, add boiled chickpea in it and also save some from them for later garnishing.
Add boiled and chopped potatoes and also save some for later use.
Now add chopped onion, tomato, coriander, chaat masala, red chili powder, salt and mix all the things well. Mix them in a way so that all the things get mixed evenly.
Add whisked curd on them. This step does not need mixing because curd easily get downwards and mixes with chickpea.
Add papdi, mix sev on them. Add tamarind chutney on top and finally garnish it with some chopped tomato, onion, coriander, chickpea and boiled potatoes.
Also add some more curd and tamarind chutney.
- Before boiling chickpeas, soak them in water for 5 to 7 hours or overnight.
- Add some salt while boiling chickpeas.
- Always add papdi and sev before 10 minutes of serving.
- Use fresh curd for this recipe.