Carrot Pickle Pickle is the best version to make any dish more tastier. There are many ways given to make pickle but today I am going to share my recipe through which you can make pickle in my style. Although this is not an instant pickle recipe, because I like this carrot pickle than the instant one. Make this pickle at home and enjoy it with any dish like dal chawal or paratha and you can also give it to your kids in their lunch box. Make this sour and spicy pickle and enjoy it with your friends and family.
Necessary Ingredients Required For Carrot Pickle
- Carrot = 4, thickly sliced
- Mustard Oil = 5 tbsp
- Mustard seeds or rai = 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds or methi dana = 1/2 tsp
- Green chilies = 3 to 4, slit
- Turmeric powder = 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder = 1 tsp
- Salt = 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice = 3 tbsp
- Asafoetida or hing = 1/4 tsp
Instructions For Making it
Peel off the carrots and wash them.
Cut them into thick slices. Put them in a bowl, add salt in it and mix it well. Keep it aside for 5 to 6 hours.
Now take a pan, add oil in it and heat it well.
After heating of oil, turn the flame off and let it cool for sometime.
Add red chili powder, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder. Mix them well.
Now add carrots in oil and mix it well.
Add red chilies and salt, lemon juice, mix well.
Transfer it in a container and put this in a sunshine for 4 to 5 days.
Finally, after few days, your carrot pickle is ready.
Serve it with dal chawal, or paratha or any other dish.
- If you want to make it instantly, then first boil carrots with salt and let it cool then.
- Add this prepared oil spices in it.
- Drain the water after boiling it.
- You can also use any other oil but mustard oil is best for pickles.
- Always use cooked oil for making pickle.
Image Source: bigbasket.com